Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Botox information



A blog called BotoxCorner discusses the use of Botox to treat hyperhidrosis. It was hard to tell who is writing this blog and why, and whether he has any conflicts of interest that would make his blog less trustworthy. But it is worth at least checking out.

I saw Botox treatments (underarms and palms) administered at a medical conference. The doctor used ice cubes to numb the area just before the shots. The patients flinched a little but did not seem to be in major pain. There was slight bleeding from the area covered. Palmar injections are said to be more painful than axilliary injections. Iontophoresis seems to be a preferable option for most people.

The other problem with Botox is that it is expensive and not always covered by insurance.

I am wavering between treating my palmar hyperhidrosis and not treating it. I seem to be doing OK without the treatment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried Botox for my palmar hyperhidrosis in August 2004, and it didn't work at all... the good thing was that it didn't cost my parents a cent, since it was at a medical demonstration. I woulndn't say the shots were painful... of course they hurt a little, but it was something I could deal with... hell, I'd deal with anything to make my hyperhidrosis go away! I do remember though how my hands got all swollen because of the shots, they got back to normal by the next day, but again the treatment didn't work with me, though I'd give it a second try i f the opportunity comes.

Greetings from Mexico.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiara,
Have you tried iontophoresis? I started using the drionic about 2 months ago and it has helped tremendously with my palmar hyperhidrosis. I personally don't think I could (or would want to) endure the pain of injections in my palms.