Monday, September 21, 2009

Drionic Success Story

A story from a West Coast reader...she had good luck with Drionic. I, on the other hand, found that it didn't work for me! So buyer beware!

***
So I'm 18 years old and I live in Seattle, Washington. I've been living with hyperhidrosis of the hands and feet for my entire life and it has been horrible. Two years ago, I started using Drysol and those other aluminum chloride things. They barely worked.

About six months ago, I went to a dermatologist with my mom and she gave me a brochure for Drionic. It has completely changed my life.

While I don't have HH in my armpits, there is a Drionic device for your armpits too.

I ordered my device online from drionic.com. It was about $140...more with tax and shipping, but it was well worth it!

I only use it for my hands, because they need it most and batteries are $7 a pair. This will change your life, I promise you. I first used it for a total of 7 hours (in half hour treatments) and i was dry for 5 weeks! I started doing it once weekly after another set of treatments to stay dry. So a pair of batteries usually lasts about two months or so.
I hope I have helped!!!

2 comments:

doreese said...

Wow I never knew this was actually a medical condition. I'm glad the drionic worked for you =) I wish there were medicines or something to fix my medical situation too sometimes... haha

p.s I'm from Seattle too!

Anonymous said...

Hello! This is the girl who sent you this post and I have more to add now. Feel free to make this comment a new post.

Well after using the drionic machine for months and months, I couldn't afford to pay for the batteries and looked everywhere online. I eventually joined a group on yahoo for people with the condition and i THANKFULLY found a post that changed my life and pictures too that explained how to adapt the device to use 9 volt batteries!!!!

I was very scared that I was going to break my machine but adapting it makes it so you can use the expensive batteries as well as the 9 volt ones and it's so easy.

So all you have to do is stick something thin, i used a dull box cutter, and push it on one of the metal flaps and it will easily come out. and then you're done!!!

you have to join the group, easily done, to see the posts. you get really annoying spam emails though so feel free to unjoin once you see what you need to do!!!

so the post talking about how to do it is: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/hyperhydrosis/message/5129

and here's the post that gives you a visual: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hyperhydrosis/photos/album/682474990/pic/725562111/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc

it looks and sounds a bit confusing but once you do it, it's so simple! took me less than 15 seconds! i bought rechargeable 9 V batteries and i'm saving a ton of money. now i can use the machine on my feet too. i was prioritizing my hands since the batteries were so expensive! i've only used the machine once on my feet and i couldn't feel the current at all...which made me feel like it wasn't going to work for my feet but i will need to try it out.

i hope i helped someone out who didn't want to pay for the batteries! when i get older, i will definitely invest in the batter but much more expensive machines that i believe you can just plug in. they are also built better than the drionic. the drionic has a poor design since it doesn't really get to the middle of your handle and between fingers. but for the most part, it has made my life much easier!!!