Friday, June 08, 2012

Iontophoresis Treatment for Hyperhidrosis, Week 2



Fischer Galvanic Unit
I've been using a Fischer Galvanic Iontophoresis unit for about two weeks. (For more information about the treatment, visit sweathelp.org's coverage of iontophoresis.)

You are supposed to do the treatments every other day, 10 times. Then the frequency of treatments can be decreased. I've missed a few days, but now I'm getting better at including the treatment as part of my routine. The treatments are slightly uncomfortable, but they are not supposed to be painful. My hands are slightly less sweaty than before, but I still have a ways to go after treatment #5. I am not dialing up the intensity as much as is recommended because I find any higher to be uncomfortable, though each time I can go a little higher. My husband has been a great help. He will sit with me during the treatments, and we watch Friday Night Lights through Netflix streaming together. The treatments themselves are not fun, but it helps if you can reward yourself with something fun to watch during the 40 minutes they take.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to imagine my life "lived out loud" -- i.e., comfortable in social situations and open to adventure. I'm much better off than I was when I started this blog in 2006, but I have a ways to go.

Love,
Tiara

Note to readers: I am not affiliated with sweathelp.org and the R.A. Fischer company. I do not personally benefit when I mention them on my website.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiara,

I just found your blog and I really enjoy reading it! As a fellow sweaty girl (I'm 20), I was wondering how things were going with the iontophoresis. I'm trying yoga and deep breathing at the moment... I hope I'll find a way to feel more confident about my HH or a way to get rid of it. All I can do is keep hoping, I suppose.

Julie said...

I hope iontophoresis works for you! It worked for me for a little while, but I found the treatments to be a little bit too time consuming.

http://curesweat.blogspot.com/

Zack said...

I use iontophoreis to control my sweating on my hands and feet. The Fischer device has been a lifesaver. They also have a money back guarantee now, which they didn't have when I bought the device. see www.sweatlesshands.com

Also, I watch Netflix on my phone during the treatment, so the time flies by.

Anonymous said...

iontophoresis was indeed very effective, I ordered ionstreamer, but it does not matter, all iontophoresis devices work the same manner.