Thursday, February 05, 2009

Acupressure for hyperhidrosis

Yesterday I went to a medical lecture about acupressure, a type of traditional Chinese medicine that can be self-administered. My hands were drippy wet, and I hadn't even been feeling anxious. And of course the only pen I had on me was the type that runs everywhere when the ink touches my sweaty left writing hand.

The speaker had us do a 5 minute acupressure self-treatment, placing a finger on a pressure point where the shoulder meets the clavicle. Within a few minutes, the sweat had seriously subsided.

1 comment:

Little Mouse said...

I was watching a clip of The Real Housewives of New York City (I admit it! It's a guilty pleasure of mine...) today and apparently one of the ladies has a problem with sweating. She went to one of her doctors and found out a new treatment called "internal ultrasound". I was just wondering if you or anyone has heard of this new treatment for sweating? Anyway, if you want to see the clip, I saw it at hulu.com:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/69190/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-look-good-feel-good