Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sweat and Let Sweat?


Check out "Inspiration," a blog by Janet, a woman in her late 20s who has excessive underarm perspiration. She advocates a "sweat and let sweat" approach to dealing with HH because she is concerned about the alleged link between anti-perspirants with aluminum and Alzheimer's disease. I have not fully investigated this issue, but I do fall on the "natural woman" end of the spectrum, avoiding unhealthy ingredients in foods and products whenever possible.

On the other hand, I was able to treat my excessive underarm perspiration with Drysol, which contains aluminum. The improvements in my quality of life was worth it to me. The Drysol doesn't seem to work as well for my hands and feet, however, and I don't wish to apply it all the time.

I think Janet's perspective is worth considering, though of course we all need to choose the treatment that works best for ourselves. In any case, I think it's great to see people with HH speaking up about their condition.

No comments: